Venizelos' statements after the meeting
In his statements, PASOK president Mr. Evangelos Venizelos said that throughout the previous days, he had been trying to direct the strategy and set forth the question of extending fiscal adjustment...
Mr. Venizelos said he sought to avoid a new climate of cuts in wages and benefits, which will make 2013-2014 , recession years.
Venizelos insisted that the common denominator of what was said before the elections remains. Also, it was stressed that the message has been sent already that the two smaller partners are reacting. He said he was targeted in personal attacks, something which he characterized as vulgar and historically ignorant. The country remained in the Eurozone because some people bore the burden, he added, while he focused on the need that the government complete its four year period.
As long as the PM considers it necessary to take measures of 11.5 billion euros, and this will then allow us to discuss the matter internationally, Mr. Venizelos is forced, as he said, to accept the PM’s assessment, since he is the responsible one after the elections.
“We will not lead the country to elections” Mr. Venizelos said, adding that PASOK will honor its programmatic agreements.
Venizelos also described what should be done from now on:
1) Exclude unfair measures
2) The 11.5-billion-euro package must be accompanied by measures for liquidity, as well as measures to control prices and unemployment
3) The Troika must recommend extending the fiscal adjustment period
4) Agree on the rapid disbursement of funds to have market liquidity
5) Partners should recognize that Greece has made an unprecedented adjustment effort, sending another message internationally
6) Pave the way for Greece’s accession to the arrangements the EC decided on in June.
Ειδήσεις Δημοφιλή Σχολιασμένα